Job Title: Marketing Associate
Reports To: Acting Marketing Director
Status: Full-time, Non-Exempt
Salary: $23 per hour
Date: April 5, 2022
Our mission: The Crucible inspires creative exploration and expression through welcoming, hands-on arts education and experiences for people of diverse ages and backgrounds. As an innovative hub built around the industrial arts, The Crucible is a catalyst for individual growth and vibrant community connections. In addition to supporting working and emerging artists and art students, The Crucible has become increasingly focused in recent years on supporting career pathways into the arts and the industrial trades, and supporting access to our programs for BIPOC youth and families, especially those from West Oakland. Want to work in a quirky, joyful place focused on the arts? Reach out to us to learn more!
Marketing Associate Job Summary
The Marketing Associate reports to the Acting Marketing Director and works closely with Crucible staff to assist in projects designed to grow revenue and community engagement. The Marketing Associate will be responsible for creating and distributing messaging, collateral, and content through marketing channels, including social media, advertising, website, email marketing, and other digital, print, and in-person avenues. The Marketing Associate is responsible for sharing our social media content, making updates to the website, creating email content, managing our performance marketing channels, and identifying and executing on ways to connect with local media, community leaders, and key influencers to raise awareness and interest in Crucible programs.
- Manage performance marketing and advertising on Facebook Business Manager, Pinterest, Nextdoor, TikTok, LinkedIn, and more
- Manage email automations through Mailchimp and AutomateWoo, etc.
- Create content for Art Guides; execute new Guides by gathering information from Crucible faculty and through independent research and flowing content to the site following Acting Marketing Director’s review
- Post to Pinterest to increase traffic to Crucible site
- Collect documentation for use in blogs, emails, social media, and print material, including photos, video, interviews, stories, and posts shared by community members
- Create and send segmented emails
- Work with the Acting Marketing Director to create and manage content calendars for email newsletters and social media
- Create and schedule various social media posts on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and TikTok directly through platforms or through Sprout Social
- Provide timely feedback for ongoing projects, i.e. video, print collateral, appeals, etc.
- Add media to Dropbox following established naming conventions
- Support the buildout of new web pages, blog posts, and event pages as needed
- Support marketing automation and efficiency efforts
- Work with Development department to support fundraising initiatives throughout the year
- Collect and maintain data to inform revenue-earning opportunities
- Help manage additions to the online store and check payments and sales through our online systems.
- Check store entries in Salesforce.
- At least two years of marketing experience, preferably in an arts or other nonprofit setting
- Highly organized with ability to work independently, meet deadlines, efficiently manage time, and prioritize multiple projects
- Very comfortable learning new software and familiarity with systems such as Salesforce, MailChimp, WordPress, and Google Analytics
- Exceptional written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills – you must be an excellent writer
- High-level knowledge of marketing tactics, tools, and best practices with deeper knowledge of 1-2 areas
- High-level skill in copywriting, photography, and videography with deeper knowledge of 1-2 areas
- Experience with digital advertising and understanding of SEO
- Experience managing multiple digital accounts
- Ability to thrive in a high-pressure, fast-paced environment with positivity and flexibility
- Professional and customer-focused with strong relationship-building skills
- An “always learning” mindset
- Passionate about The Crucible’s mission
- College degree in relevant field is preferred
- Experience with marketing automation software is preferred
- Data analysis skills are preferred
This is a full-time, non-exempt position based in Oakland, California. Non-cash benefits include access to classes and flexible work schedule. The Crucible is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all persons, especially those who bring the benefits of diversity to the organization. Women, people of color, people who identify as LGBTQIA+, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Email: Cover letter, resume, LinkedIn profile (if you have one), and three reference contacts to [email protected]
Subject line: Marketing Associate