Job Title: Team Builds & Volunteer Programs Assistant
Reports To: Volunteer, Events, and Team Build Manager
Status: Part-time, non-exempt, on-site in Oakland required; 16 hours/week
Salary: $19 hour
Our mission: The Crucible inspires creative exploration and expression through welcoming, hands-on arts education and experiences for people of diverse ages and backgrounds. As an innovative hub built around the industrial arts, The Crucible is a catalyst for individual growth and vibrant community connections. In addition to supporting working and emerging artists and art students, The Crucible has become increasingly focused in recent years on building career pathways into the arts and industrial trades, and increasing access to our programs for BIPOC youth and families, especially those from West Oakland. Want to work in a quirky, joyful place focused on the arts? Reach out to us to learn more!
Summary: The Programs Assistant: Team Builds & Volunteers reports to the Volunteer, Events, and Team Build Manager and provides support for The Crucible’s Volunteer and Team Build programs, including data entry, volunteer communications and scheduling, and on-site team build check-ins and facilitation, among other responsibilities. This position is part of The Crucible’s Programs Team and has the opportunity for growth within the organization. Availability during weekday business hours is required.
Programs Assistant: Team Builds & Volunteers – Specific Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide day-of customer service and administrative support for Team Builds and workshops, including check-in/check-out, facilitation of tours, responding to inquiries as needed and sending follow-up communication.
- Support Volunteer Programs by facilitating volunteer orientations, ensuring regular communication with volunteers, and assisting with scheduling as needed.
- Track and enter data for both programs in a timely manner; ensure proper record keeping and data management that contributes to program organization.
- Support continuous improvement of programs through research, documentation, and implementation of procedures and policies.
- Provide administrative support as needed including, but not limited to, filing, faxing, data entry, mailing, email, document preparation, research, etc.
- Responsible for event set-up, group hospitality, and food and beverage service details.
- Organize catering including ordering, picking up, and setting up for catered events.
- Two years of experience with Google Suite and Microsoft Office, including the ability to create and manage spreadsheets.
- Ability to effectively communicate with community contacts, students, faculty, and staff in a professional manner and with a strong emphasis on customer service.
- Ability to speak in front of crowds and relay information in a clear and accessible manner.
- Ability to work independently and with a team.
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills.
- Awareness of industrial arts classes and what they entail in terms of safety.
- Demonstrated commitment and ability to work with populations that are both economically and ethnically diverse.
- Interest in supporting a diverse arts community that strives to be welcoming to all.
- Must be able to lift 35 lbs.
- Experience working with Salesforce or other CRM
- Experience working with volunteers
- Experience creating marketing and communications materials
- Research experience, and the ability to document and communicate your findings
This is a part-time, non-exempt position based in Oakland, California. The Crucible is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all persons, especially those who bring the benefits of diversity to the organization. Women, people of color, people who identify as LGBTQIA, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Email: Cover letter, resume, LinkedIn profile (if you have it), and three reference contacts to firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject line: Volunteer Programs and Team Build Assistant