Job Title: Senior Studio Supervisor
Reports To: Director of Studio Operations & Facilities
Status: Full Time, Exempt, 40 hours week
Salary: $62,400.00, with benefits
Date posted: September 7, 2022
The Crucible, Northern California’s most innovative and diverse industrial arts education center, seeks a multi-talented, customer-service oriented, and enthusiastic individual to join our team as a Senior Studio Supervisor.
The Senior Studio Supervisor oversees, supports & coordinates a team of studio managers, shop technicians, studio interns, and volunteers. The Senior Studio Supervisor is a working studio position and ensures that the studio crew works as a team to develop, organize, maintain, stock, and supervise the studio and facilities for all regular operations, events, and special projects. The Senior Studio Supervisor is also responsible for the health and safety operating conditions of the studios and facilities. The Studio Operations Supervisor is a full-time exempt position that reports directly to the Director of Studio Operations & Facilities.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for supervising the studio crew and associated administrative tasks.
- Schedules studio crew work shifts and are responsible for tracking hours and timesheet approval and seeks direction from the Director of Studio Operations & facilities on overtime requests.
- Updates the Shop Task To-Do List. Coordinates prioritization of tasks with the Director of Studio Operations & Facilities.
- Meets weekly with the Director of Studio Operations & Facilities to update on issues, and progress and set priorities for the studios and facilities.
- Assigns duties to shop crew and sees that they are carried out.
- Is responsible for the training of the studio crew and safe working procedures.
- Maintains and updates written shop procedures and ticketing system..
- Has limited purchase authority within normal budgeted shop operations.
- Ensures that all classes have materials, equipment, and special project support.
- Monitors studio and class material usage, restocking as necessary.
- Coordinates studio purchasing with the Director of Studio Operations & Facilities, Program Manager, and Finance as needed. Ensures that all necessary tracking and coding of purchase invoices is carried out.
- Participates in staff/studio meetings and special committees as assigned.
- Ensures that Crucible safety standards are maintained for all studio activities.
- Works with the Safety Committee to develop and update The Crucible Safety Program.
- Is responsible for updating and maintaining all required safety documentation.
- Is responsible for managing the training of Crucible staff on forklifts, scissor lifts, etc. Keeps and maintains the certification documentation of the staff on all such equipment.
- Is responsible for stocking and maintaining all safety equipment, materials storage, handling, and disposal.
- Ensures that the Crucible facility is prepared and ready for all regular inspections.
- Coordinates with the Marketing Department for all studio signage needs.
- Facilitates the approved development of studio areas and special projects as required.
- Coordinates pick-up of equipment and supplies as required.
- Oversees/coordinates the maintenance and repair of all studio and facilities equipment.
- Maintains routine shop maintenance log.
- Maintains studio access authorization log and supports studio use approval documentation.
- Maintains Crucible inventory reports.
- Organizes and maintains all studio files.
- Coordinates with the Director of Studio Operations & Facilities, Crucible faculty, and the Program Manager for studio and program support needs.
- Assigns tasks and supervises Studio Interns and Volunteers assigned to the studio areas.
- Communicates with the volunteer coordinator to ensure that all volunteer needs are met. Tracks and verified studio volunteer hours and reports them to the Volunteer Coordinator.
- Interfaces with studio and office staff to ensure all operational needs are met.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Candidates must have both administrative and supervisory experience as well as a solid understanding of studio operations and/or a background in sculpture, construction, manufacturing, metal fabrication, foundry, and glass working, or other industrial arts, etc.
- A complete understanding of industrial/sculpture studio operations is preferred.
- Minimum 2 years of industrial/ sculptural experience, 2 years of supervisory experience, and 2 years of administrative experience.
- The successful candidate must demonstrate excellent communication and organizational skills. Must be able to write logical, clear, and coherent documents, reports, and training manuals.
- Must be able to work with a high degree of accuracy to prioritize and work on several projects concurrently.
- Must be computer literate, and proficient with Word, Excel, and Google. Salesforce experience preferred.
- Willing to work irregular hours, evenings, and weekends as required.
- Special consideration will be given to candidates with experience in metal fabrication, construction, foundry, and glass working, industrial businesses, etc.
- Forklift Certification, Aerial Lift Certification, Crane Certification, and OSHA 10 or 30 preferred.
- Demonstrated commitment and ability to work with populations that are both economically and ethnically diverse.
- Ability to work independently and to work in a team.
- BA/BS or relevant experience.
- The candidate must hold a valid CA driver’s license.
The Crucible is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all persons, especially those who bring the benefits of diversity to the organization. People of color, women, people who identify as LGBTQIA, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply:
Please email a cover letter, resume, and three reference contacts (PDF format) to firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject line: Senior Studio Supervisor
No faxes or calls, please!