The Crucible, as a 501(c)(3) non-profit, relies on its volunteer force throughout the entirety of our programming. Whether on studio build-outs, in our office, with our youth programs, special events, or helping in any number of other ways, our mission would not be possible without the dedication of volunteers. As such, we are extremely grateful for the volunteers who lend their time and energy to our organization each year. In exchange for the help they provide, we offer volunteers a range of rewards, from discounts off classes and our studio access program, CREATE, to access to onsite-and-offsite events and specialty programming.
Block Time Volunteers
Special Event Volunteers
Youth & Community Program Volunteers
At The Crucible, we seek to reward Volunteers for their service with discounts off classes, studio access, and other unique and amazing opportunities that enliven our communities. We value commitment to our mission, and thus Volunteer Levels reward volunteers who decide to stick around with bigger discounts and more desirable responsibilities.
Information For Current Volunteers
Using Volunteer Block Time Hours or Event Discount Coupons
- Volunteer hours and coupons may be combined for up to 100% off class tuition.
- Volunteers can register using discounts at the start of general registration.
- Volunteers are responsible for paying any class studio and material fees.
- Volunteer hours may be donated to the scholarship fund or transferred to another individual with the Volunteer Coordinator and Program Manager’s prior approval. A Transfer of Volunteer Hours form must be signed to complete the transfer.
- Volunteers can use hours to purchase Crucible Membership; annual membership gets you 10% off tuition on all classes for 1-year; can be combined with volunteer hours and coupons.
- 25hrs = 1 year Firecracker Membership (one person)
- 50hrs = 1 year Pyro Membership (up to 4 people)
- Volunteer credits may NOT be combined with any other discounts or promotions, including but not limited to Educators, Veterans, Early Bird, Open House or Maker Month Discounts. The only exception is the Membership discount.
- Volunteer hours and credits must be used within 2 years of accrual.
- To purchase classes and/or Membership using volunteer credits, call Registrar at 510-444-0919 x103.
Transfer of Volunteer Benefit Guidelines
The Crucible is excited to know that you are getting someone you care about involved with our programs! It goes to show your dedication and your willingness to “pay-it-forward”! Below you will find our rules and guidelines for the Transfer of Volunteer Hours, as outlined by our programs team.
- Transfer of Volunteer Hours must occur within the same year of the accrual of hours.
- Volunteer benefits and discounts expire 2 years after the date of accrual.
- Transfer of these benefits must happen within 3 months prior to the expiration date.
- Transferred discounts and benefits expire according to the date of accrual. Discounts that are unused by that time are expired and cannot be redeemed.
- Transfer of Benefits (ie. Hours) cannot be utilized to cover any court-mandated hours accrual.
- Registration guidelines of the benefit remain the same for the recipient of the benefit. Please refer to the Volunteer Policy Manual for all pertinent information.
- L3 Volunteer Benefits cannot be transferred as-is. Any transferred L3 Benefit will be re-calibrated as a 60% discount coupon.
- Once a Volunteer Benefit has been transferred, it cannot be re-transferred or returned to the original Volunteer.
- Please expect up to two weeks for this agreement to be processed and entered in our hours accrual system. Plan accordingly.