Open For Business Program
The Open For Business Program offers Bay Area BIPOC makers and entrepreneurs the opportunity to scale their business, develop industrial art skills, and build relationships within the local maker and manufacturing communities.
This pilot partnership program is made possible by a $275,000 grant from Wells Fargo Open for Business Fund.
Open For Business Applications Are Now Closed
Fall Cohort Dates: August 15-November 15, 2022
Fall Cohort Application Deadline: Monday, August 1, 2022
You could be a good fit if:
- You live in San Francisco, Oakland, or surrounding areas in Alameda County
- You identify as Black, Indigenous, or a Person of Color
- You are an entrepreneur who has an interest in either launching a business selling physical artisanal products or extending your brand offering
Through the program, The Crucible offers free:
- Industrial art skill building with support from Crucible faculty mentors
- Dedicated studio space at The Crucible
- Access to tools and materials to be used during and following the program
- Access to The Crucible’s CREATE program
Please check back for information about future application opportunities.