We’re proud to announce the expansion of our Community Partners program. In 2011 the program offered tuition discounts to educators, and in 2012 we’ve expanded the program to include discounts for public educators, firefighters, police officers, active military, veterans, City of Oakland employees and senior citizens.
Participants in the Community Partners program receive 50% discount off tuition on classes at The Crucible. Available classes include welding, glassblowing, blacksmithing, jewelry-making and woodworking, offering participants opportunities to learn skills to enrich their lives and train for the future.
Sound interesting? We invite you to discover and become part of our learning community. Emphasis is placed on community partnerships and on creating an open learning environment. At The Crucible forges roar, sparks fly, glass bends, neon glows and creativity explodes.
- Valid for Pre-K to 12th grade classroom teachers and principals in a California School District, for active firefighters, active police officers, active military, veterans, City of Oakland employees and seniors age 65 and older in California.
- Proof of active status in California is required at time of payment.
- Discount is non-transferable and is limited to one discount per community member per quarter.
- Available in person or by phone only.
- Class cost comprises tuition and studio costs; discount is on tuition only. Discount cannot be applied retroactively. There is limited space for discounted tuition available in each class, and this offer cannot be combined with any other offers, volunteer/intern hours, or coupons. Not good for Family Fun Weekends, Tasters, Youth Camps or Youth Classes, Labs or CREATE access.