Fireside Lounge: Amor Ardiente
Friday, February 11, 2011 • 6:30-9:30PM
$10 at door / Crucible Members are free
Event Press Release
This Fireside Lounge is the first in a series of four evening events planned by The Crucible. Future evenings include a Rosie the Riveter theme showcasing women in industrial art and Play Bound theme for those looking to head off to Black Rock City in the summer.
5"x8" Event Flyer (PDF)
Gather around the fire for an evening of industrial-sized love filled with a kissing booth robot, hand-typed love poems, tarot readings, a live DJ, a special aerial appearance by Cupid and Crucible industrial arts demonstrations highlighting blacksmithing, neon, jewelry and enameling.
Guests will enjoy live demonstrations of and mini lectures on blacksmithing, neon, jewelry and enameling throughout The Crucible studio, as well as a spectacular art exhibition showcasing student and faculty art in those featured areas. Aerialist Oliver Pavick will play the saucy flying Cupid. Local poet Zach Houston will flow with free verse hand-typed poems. Learn your future with tarot readings by Isabelle Choiniere-Correa and enjoy tasty treats from Jon's Street Eats and Idle Hands Barkery.
The Crucible will be offering class discounts and a raffle at the event. New students will receive 20% off tuition for a Crucible class and Crucible members will receive 25% off. In addition, folks can put their $10 cover charge towards the cost of the class. The raffle will also offer attendees a chance to winning free tuition on a Crucible class.
• Art show & demonstrations of Blacksmithing, Neon, Jewelry and Enameling
• Appearance and aerial performance by Cupid
• Tarot readings by Isabelle Choiniere-Correa
• A kissing booth run by a fiery robot
• Fire Sculpture "Auger" by Justin Gray
• Live DJ playing sexy, love oriented sounds from many genres and time periods
• Hand-typed love peoms by Zach Houston
• Charm making table by The Crucible's Jewelry department
• A photo booth provided by SaraBek Images
• Food available by Jon's Street Eats
• Cupcakes from Idle Hands Bakery
• Cold and hot drinks, beer and wine
• Discounts on Crucible classes
• Door Prize for a Free Crucible class
Beer provided by
Linden Street Brewery